Learn how to make a plan to prevent a toxic drug poisoning and get connected to resources and supplies.
What is the Overdose Outreach team?
We work with adults who:
- Are more likely to experience a toxic drug poisoning and would like support in accessing services to help reduce their risk.
We know that most people who use substances do not have a substance use disorder.
People are not required to alter or change their substance use to access our services.
Who is on the team?
We are a team of peer support workers, outreach workers, nurses and social workers. We have people on our team with lived and living experience of substance use.
What does this team do?
We offer support these ways:
- Help people to make plans to reduce the risk of toxic drug poisoning and promote wellness.
- Advocate for clients' needs and help navigate the health care system.
- Support people to pursue a fulfilling life that includes meaningful connections in their community.
We can connect you to:
- Harm reduction services and supplies
- Community services and support networks
We can connect your family and friends to resources as well.
How does someone connect with the Overdose Outreach Team?
Anyone can ask for our team’s services.
Provide us with your name, address and phone number in one of these ways:
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: 604-587-4412
- Phone: 236-332-4857 (text or leave a voicemail message)
If English is not your preferred language, please let us know your preferred language so we can arrange for an interpreter or wherever possible, a staff member who speaks the preferred language.
For more information please see the Overdose Outreach team brochure.