Fraser Health has declared a COVID-19 outbreak at Chartwell Langley Gardens assisted living in Langley. Eighteen residents have tested positive for COVID-19.
Chartwell Langley Gardens is an assisted living and long-term care site in Langley that is owned and operated by Chartwell Retirement Residences. The residents are currently in self-isolation at their homes.
Fraser Health has implemented comprehensive strategies to prevent and respond to COVID-19 in long-term care and assisted living facilities. Our rapid response team works with the site to support the implementation of outbreak control measures to protect the health of residents, staff, and families.
These measures include:
- Staffing levels are being supported to maintain resident care.
- Designated visitors may be restricted in the affected areas of the site.
- Essential visits may continue.
- Staff and resident/tenant movement in the affected areas of the site has been modified to minimize exposure to others.
- Enhanced cleaning and infection control measures have been implemented.
- Residents/tenants, families and staff are being updated on the outbreak by site leadership.
- Twice a day screening of all staff and residents/tenants is taking place.
- PCR testing as required for staff and residents who are symptomatic.
During this time, Fraser Health has resources available to support the site with their response efforts. A response lead will be activated to support site leadership and, as required, infection prevention and control practitioners can be mobilized for support. The site will also be supported with access to screeners and any additional staffing needs. The site will also be connected with PPE supplies as required.
Residents of long-term care or assisted living facilities are each allowed one designated visitor and one essential visitor. Essential visits include visits for compassionate reasons, such as end-of-life care or those essential to a resident's care, mental health, and emotional and psychological well-being.
For more information about visitor guidelines, please visit bccdc.ca.
For more information about COVID-19, please visit fraserhealth.ca/covid19.
For media inquiries, please contact: