We are ethically committed and legally required to protect your personal information.
Personal information is any information that tells us who you are, including your legal name, address, phone number, personal health number (PHN) or other identifying information such as your health information.
Who can access my personal information?
Only authorized individuals who need to know your information in order to provide care and other care-related services, may look at your personal information.
They may use and share it for the following care and care-related purposes:
- Your immediate, ongoing and future care and services.
- Maintaining contact with you.
- To assist us in improving the quality of your care and services.
- Research (as authorized and permitted).
- Teaching and education (e.g. training health professionals like physicians and nurses).
- To understand your eligibility for benefits, services and to arrange payment.
Your personal information may also be disclosed to other authorized individuals as required by law (e.g. to respond to a court order).
What if I don't want others to know I am in one of your facilities?
If you are admitted to one of our hospitals, we will confirm your admission and location to people who phone and ask about you. If you don’t want us to release this information, please tell a staff member upon registration or within your care area.