Know your rights as a patient and the rights of our health care employees.
During your care experience, you have the right:
- To know you will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, political belief, religion, family status, disability, sex, sexual orientation, age, or criminal charge or conviction.
- To be cared for in a respectful, dignified and safe manner by competent health care professionals.
- To privacy and confidentiality of your health information.
- To expect that you will be consulted and will participate in decisions about your health care.
- To request access to the information in your own health record.
- To be acknowledged as an individual.
Our employees have the right:
- To rely on our patients and their families to participate with the health care team in their own health care planning and intervention, and to use hospital resources responsibly.
- To not tolerate violent acts and threatening speech/behaviour, both for their own protection and safety and that of other patients.