Our labs provide lab testing on a walk-in basis, however certain types of tests require an appointment.
Tests and procedures include but are not limited to:
- amino acids
- sweat tests
- bone marrows
- electrocardiograms (ECG)
- holter monitoring
Types of tests offered vary at locations. Please call to inquire.
- Depending on available clinical expertise, patients may be referred to another available lab.
- Some tests require fasting prior to specimen collection.
- Some tests require an appointment; call the lab in advance to secure an appointment and confirm availability.
- Certain tests require that specimens are collected at specific times.
- Samples for testosterone testing can only be collected between 7:00 am and 10:00 am.
- Samples for morning cortisol tests are collected before 10:00 am and those for afternoon tests are collected before 4:00 pm; arrive 30 minutes prior to collection time.
- Blood samples for therapeutic drug monitoring are collected just before the next dose; be prepared to provide information about drug doses and timing of last dose.
Physician referral and requisition form required; call lab in advance to confirm tests and availability.
Some tests are not covered by the BC Medical Service Plan (MSP). Patients not covered by MSP or other provincial health care, will be required to pay for all tests.
English; interpreters may be available with advance notice. Printed blood and urine collection instructions are available in a variety of languages.