Achieve a professional tone and learn how to write clear emails with these tips.
- Use the business and professional writing tips in all sections of the general writing principles and readability tips.
- Use descriptive subject lines. Example:
- For review by May 5: Upcoming presentation slide deck attached.
- Focus content on a single topic without adding more information than is necessary.
- Start a new email for secondary topics.
- Use the Fraser Health email signature for your email communications (see below).
How to set up your Fraser Health email signature
Using a consistent email signature across the organization presents us as one, professional and unified team.
Use this step-by-step guide to update your email signature. (You will be able to copy and paste the correct formatting.)
What to include in your email signature
- Standard contact information - name, credentials, title, department, contact information
- Gender pronouns
- Territorial acknowledgements - place in italics at the end of the email signature
What not to include in your email signature