Update on our influenza vaccine supply:

  • Demand for flu vaccine this year has been very high. So far this season, we have distributed 70,000 more vaccines to community vaccine providers than we did in the entire flu season last year.
  • 90 per cent of the vaccine we have received to date has been distributed. We will distribute the remaining 10 per cent in the coming weeks to ensure equitable distribution across communities.
  • We are working with the province and BCCDC to acquire more vaccine supply and will distribute it promptly as we receive it.
 

Influenza vaccines distributed 

 

2019/20
Full flu season

2020/21
As of November 2, 2020

Total

404,065

474,214

Pharmacists

264,137

322,123

Physicians

139,928

152,091

 

Most flu vaccine products are interchangeable for those aged six months and older

  • Fluviral, Agriflu, and Flulaval Tetra can be used for anyone over six months old.
  • Please use any of these vaccines to immunize eligible clients and do not defer service if you don’t have a recommended age-specific vaccine product on hand.
  • For more information, see the BCCDC Intended Use of Influenza Vaccines.

Download the MHO update in PDF format.


comments powered by Disqus
Text Size
A
A

Tags

Rate this article


Current rating: 0 (0 ratings) No rating yet, be the first to rate it!