Why collaborate with Fraser Health?
Updated October 28, 2022
Our organization is committed to being world class in integrating leading-edge research into practice. We hope you will consider partnering with us for the following reasons:
- Our large and diverse population: Fraser Health serves one of the largest and fastest growing regions in British Columbia that features the most diverse patient demographic in the Lower Mainland. We are currently responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services to over 1.9 million people, the largest population in the province. Our diverse patient demographic includes 62,000 Indigenous Peoples and over 240,000 South Asians and a wide range of chronic diseases.
- Our multiple sites: Fraser Health is an integrated regional health authority, which means that there are various potential research sites, including 12 acute care hospitals and their emergency departments, 17 community sites, and the Jim Pattison Outpatient Care and Surgery Centre with 31 clinics. Our tertiary care hospitals offer a full range of research expertise from cardiology research, critical care, oncology, and more.
- Our research expertise: Our researchers are a collegial group that offers a wide range of research expertise and experiences. Our Fraser Health sites have been conducting research in Fraser Health for over 20 years.
- Our research infrastructure: We have the facilities and related services (lab, pharmacy, imaging, health records systems, etc.) to support most resource intensive research. Where needed, we partner with qualified vendors in our region to provide additional research services. We use our standard electronic health records and a clinical trial management system software to collect source records and manage our clinical trials.
- Our research quality program: We are committed to providing high quality research at Fraser Health. Our research staff are required to complete mandatory certification in courses such as Good Clinical Practice, Health Canada Division 5: Drugs for Clinical Trials Involving Human Subjects and the Tri-Council Policy Statement.
Where are our hospitals?
Our clinical areas
Each clinical area is a research site comprised of experienced clinical research professionals and research investigators.
- Critical Care
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Orthopaedic Medicine