The FOODSAFE program is a comprehensive food safety training program designed for the food service industry.
The program has two courses, Level 1 and Level 2, which are offered through Fraser Health.
Certificates for FOODSAFE courses taught in Fraser Health are processed centrally through our Surrey Health Protection office in Central City.
If you need a replacement FOODSAFE certificate, call your local health protection office.
FOODSAFE Level 1
FOODSAFE Level 1 is a training program designed for individuals working in the food service industry. The course includes the following components:
- Foodservice illness and injury
- Receiving and storing food
- Preparing food
- Serving food
FOODSAFE Level 2
FOODSAFE Level 2 is designed for food service owners, managers, kitchen managers, executive chefs, and others who are responsible for managing for food safety in food service establishments. The course includes the following components:
- Review of FOODSAFE Level 1
- Managing for food safety
- Writing a food safety plan
- Level 1 course: $70 per person | Group rate $850 + GST
- Level 2 course: $100 per person | Group rate $1,100 + GST
- Registration of a FOODSAFE certificate from a non-Fraser Health course: $10
- Issue replacement FOODSAFE certificate: $15
- Issue online refresher certificate: $10
- Process Level 1 instructor application: $50
- Process Level 2 instructor application: $50
- Renew instructor certificate: $10
Register for a FOODSAFE course near you.