The FOODSAFE program is a comprehensive food safety training program designed for the food service industry.
To find FOODSAFE courses in your area and/or in other languages, please see the FoodSafeBC website. Courses are also offered online, via distance education (correspondence) and via videoconferencing. Fraser Health offers in person FOODSAFE courses at different locations. Please see the 2023 schedule for more information.
The program has two courses, Level 1 and Level 2, which are also offered through Fraser Health. Contact your local health protection office or see the FoodSafeBC website for the next available course offered by Fraser Health.
Certificates for FOODSAFE courses taught in Fraser Health are processed centrally through our Surrey Health Protection office in Central City.
If you need a replacement FOODSAFE certificate, call your local health protection office.
FOODSAFE Level 1
FOODSAFE Level 1 is a training program designed for individuals working in the food service industry. The course includes the following components:
- Foodservice illness and injury
- Receiving and storing food
- Preparing food
- Serving food
- Cleaning and sanitizing
FOODSAFE Level 2
FOODSAFE Level 2 is designed for food service owners, managers, kitchen managers, executive chefs and others who are responsible for managing for food safety in food service establishments. The course includes the following components:
- Review of FOODSAFE Level 1
- Managing for food safety
- Writing a food safety plan
- Writing a sanitation plan
*Please note that these are Fraser Health fees and those of other operators may be different.
- Level 1 course: $85 per person | Group rate $1,150 (+ GST)
- Level 2 course: $125 per person | Group rate $1,250 (+ GST)
- Issue replacement FOODSAFE certificate: $15
- Issue online refresher certificate: $10
- Process Level 1 instructor application: $50
- Process Level 2 instructor application: $50
- Renew instructor certificate: $10