Review our resources for operators to find information on food safety plans, sanitation plans, boil water notice information, food safety updates and guidance, and related bulletins. Some resources are available in multiple languages.

Billing information for restaurant, pool, hot tub and drinking water system operators

Annual operating permits expire on March 31. Invoices for this year’s permit fees will be mailed out in April.

Once payment is made, the decal and/or permit will be mailed to you. Payment processing and the processing of new applications takes around 30 days.

Payments can be made online, over the phone by calling the Billing Department at 604-918-7677, or by cash or cheque at any health protection office.

Cheques can be mailed to:

Health Protection
PO Box 722
New Westminster B.C. V3L 4Z3

Provincial food premise guidelines

For a list of food safety guidelines on a variety of topics, including guidance on specific foods, read the BCCDC's food premises guidelines.

Food safety plan

Any time you are updating your menu with new processes, you are required to update your plans with Fraser Health. All food premises operators in B.C. are required to have a food safety plan. Please contact your Public Health Inspector (also known as an environmental health officer) if you have any questions or require assistance.

Sanitation plan

All operators of food premises in B.C. are required to have a sanitation plan. A sanitation plan is a set of written procedures to help ensure the safe and sanitary operation of the facility. For more information, contact your local environmental health officer.

Dishwashing and handwashing resources

Food safety update

For operators of food service establishments to keep up to date on food safety, regulations and food-borne illness.


Boil water notice information

Signage for food businesses