Did you know you can book your lab appointment online?
If you are unable to book an appointment online, call 1-888-442-5227.
Walk-ins are still accepted (except Jim Pattison Outpatient Care and Surgery Centre). However, booking an appointment is strongly recommended to reduce your wait time. For Jim Pattison Outpatient Care and Surgery Centre, on-site walk-ins are booked into the next available slot and same day appointments may not be available.
Note: Certain tests require an appointment due to special requirements (e.g. fasting). These tests include but are not limited to:
- amino acids
- sweat tests (booked by doctor's office)
- bone marrows (booked by doctor's office)
- electrocardiograms (ECG)
For information on electrocardiograms (ECG) and holter monitoring, please visit Diagnostic Cardiology.
Types of tests offered vary by location.
- Depending on available clinical expertise, patients may be referred to another lab.
- Fasting is required (unless otherwise indicated by your doctor) for the following tests: Glucose Tolerance, Lipids, Amino Acid. Fasing is recommended for: Iron, Bile Acids.
- Certain tests require that specimens are collected at specific times.
- Testosterone: before 10:00 a.m. preferred
- Cortisol - morning: before 10:30 a.m.
- Cortisol - afternoon: from 3:00 p.m. until the laboratory's closing time (which varies by location)
- Appointments are strongly encouraged for therapeutic drug monitoring tests, as samples are collected just before the next dose.
To prepare for your test, please view the sample collection instructions here.
Physician referral and requisition form required; call lab in advance to confirm tests and availability.
Some tests are not covered by the BC Medical Service Plan (MSP). Patients not covered by MSP or other provincial health care, will be required to pay for all tests.
English; interpreters may be available with advance notice. Printed blood and urine collection instructions are available in a variety of languages.