Fraser Health has declared a COVID-19 outbreak over at Normanna, a long term care facility in Burnaby owned and operated by Norwegian Old People’s Home Association.
With the implementation of comprehensive strategies to prevent and respond to COVID-19 in care facilities, there are no longer any COVID-19 cases at this location.
To support this site, Fraser Health took a number of actions during their outbreak. With the support of a rapid response team at the site, Fraser Health implemented enhanced control measures, such as:
- Allowing only essential visitors
- Restricting staff and resident movement in the facility
- Enhancing cleaning and infection control measures
- Communicating with patients, residents, staff and families to address questions and advise on next steps
- Providing twice a day screening of all staff and residents for COVID-19 symptoms.
Fraser Health has implemented comprehensive strategies to prevent and respond to COVID-19 in long term care, assisted living and independent living facilities. In addition, Fraser Health has also deployed more than 480 people including care staff and our rapid-response teams which include clinical nurse educators, infection prevention and control experts, screeners, and patient care quality officers supporting with communication to families and assessing symptoms at sites with outbreaks. Through these teams, sites are also connected with emergency supplies and additional personnel if needed.
For more information about COVID-19, please visit fraserhealth.ca/covid19.
For media inquiries, please contact: