Promoting person and family-centred care by learning about your experience, partnering with health care teams and sharing your patient care rights.
Patient engagement helps foster partnerships between patients, families and health care providers. It is a central part of patient and family-centred care ensuring patients and families are at the heart of every decision and are equal partners in their care.
The benefits to meaningful patient engagement are:
- Better health outcomes
- Improved patient experience
- Improved staff satisfaction
- Improved patient safety and quality care
- Appropriate allocation of resources
- Provision of applicable services
- Supports culturally safe services
- Encourages and increases innovative solutions
- Supports Fraser Health to carry out its mission and values
- Enables Fraser Health to be responsive to the needs of patients and families
Patient and Family Centred Care Definition and Values -
Institute for Patient and Family Centered Care
A key priority in Fraser Health is supporting meaningful patient engagement opportunities.
We are looking for people who have been a patient or caregiver to partner with health care providers in patient engagement opportunities as a patient advisor.
COVID-19 notice: Where possible, patient engagement opportunities will be offered in a virtual format.