Burnaby Hospital is a 286-bed hospital offering medical, surgical, obstetric, tertiary palliative care, psychiatry, as well as 24/7 emergency services with 70,000 visits annually
Burnaby Hospital is a large community hospital which provides a full range of primary and secondary acute care services as well as a number of specialized services such as 24/7 emergency care, general and internal medicine, general surgery, orthopedics, gynecology, urology, level one and two obstetrics, neonatal intensive care and tertiary palliative care, adult psychiatry, ambulatory care and other outpatient clinics.
Want to send well wishes to a friend or family member in hospital? Send an email to YouveGotMail.BUH@fraserhealth.ca that includes the patient's full name, unit, and room number, along with your message, and it will be hand-delivered by a volunteer. Note: Patients are unable to send a response through this service.
- We are a smoke and scent-free environment. Please avoid perfume, cologne or scented flowers when visiting.
- If you are not feeling well or have been exposed to an infectious disease, please do not visit.
- Patients are provided with shared rooms.
- The café serves hot entrées, sandwiches and Starbucks coffee (Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.) and Tim Hortons serves pastries and beverages (Monday - Saturday, 6:30 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.)
- Speak with your health care provider to access these services in the hospital:
Hours of operation
Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Open visiting hours, but please be considerate of other patients who may need rest.
Visits are restricted to ESSENTIAL VISITS ONLY at all of our sites through controlled access points. For more information, please visit our visitor guidelines page.
Currently the South Entrance is closed due to COVID-19.
Please use the Main Entrance near the Parkade, unless you require Emergency.
Parking and Transportation
|Parking rate||Main lot||Emergency lot|
|Mobile payment: HangTag||Burnaby Hospital Parkade||Burnaby Hospital Emergency|
|Each additional hour||$3.50||$4.25|
|Seniors 1-week permit||$33.00||n/a|
|Seniors 2-week permit||$60.25||n/a|
|Seniors 1-month permit||$120.00||n/a|
*If you have difficulty paying for parking, financial hardship permits may be available on a case-by-case basis. Please talk to your unit social worker for more information or contact Parking Administration at 604-930-5440 (Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.) or email LMCParking@fraserhealth.ca.