Located in the heart of Tsawwassen, KinVillage Association is a non-profit service provider, offering a unique combination and range of housing, health services and wellness programs aimed at enriching the lives of our community’s older adults.
KinVillage West Court, a well-maintained, two-story building, has been providing a caring home for residents for over 35 years.
Building amenities include three beautiful and secure garden areas. Two large lounges located on the first floor with two smaller lounges on the second floor. Televisions are available in three lounges and there is a public phone available at Reception. WiFi is available in some lounge areas. A few computers are available for resident use. The building has direct indoor access to the KinVillage Community Centre next door.
Residents are encouraged and supported to live as independently and fully as possible. We are committed to providing excellent person-centred care, working together with each resident to understand and help meet his/her needs with dignity and compassion.
- 100 publicly subsidized bed (18 beds for those with advanced dementia)
- Each room has a private washroom and is furnished with a bed, bedside table and dresser. There is a phone jack and cablevision hook-up in each room. (Residents are responsible for arranging and paying for phone, cable and/or internet service in their own room.)
- Residents are also welcome to bring in their own CSA approved television, small computers or laptops, and some personal belongings such as a favourite chair, pictures, lamps, etc. as long as these do not create an unsafe situation.
- We offer a variety of individual and group programs and events seven days a week. Group activities include physical exercise, mental aerobics, games, discussion groups, reminiscing, art therapy, music therapy, concerts and sing a longs, happy hours and bus outings. Residents and families also have access to our community centre next door and the many activities and special events it offers.
- The building and grounds are wheelchair accessible, and there are two elevators to access the upper floor. Electric wheelchairs and scooters are not permitted in the building.
- Family pets are welcome to visit. Healthy, immunized and well-behaved dogs are welcome to visit but must be leashed and supervised by their owners at all times.
- Residents who smoke may do so in one of two designated resident only smoking areas - on the patio just outside of the dining room/lounge or 3 metres from the front entrance.
- KinVillage maintains a scent-free environment and asks everyone to join in limiting/eliminating the use of scented products. Any personal alcoholic beverages must be labelled and left with staff to store in a secure area.
- At a salon in the building, hair dressing and barber services are offered. Foot, dental and eye care are available on site for a fee.
- Café and women’s clothing boutique in the Community Centre next door.
- Other residential options available at KinVillage are Assisted Living, Affordable Housing and Seniors’ Supportive Housing.
Hours of operation
Open 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.
Visiting hours are flexible.
Parking and Transportation
Free parking available tor residents and visitors in undesignated spots. Public transit nearby.