The Mountain View Manor building has main floor access. There are two wings, North and South. We have a large dining and recreation room with the recent addition of a large sunroom. The grounds of Mountain View are expansive and well treed. A large south-facing outdoor area has patio furniture and a water feature.
Mountain View Manor provides 24-hour professional nursing services to people who are no longer able to stay at home safely.
- 92 publicly subsidized residential care beds. Some rooms available for couples.
- Rooms include bed, bedside table, towels and linens.
- Residents may also bring a radio, TV, personal mementos, pictures, plants.
- We have a number of patios, meeting rooms and social areas. Food is served “dining room” style with fresh flowers on dining tables. A large greenhouse is used by staff, residents and volunteers to provide year-round beauty to the gardens.
- Recreation and activity programming activities are provided seven days a week; own wheelchair-accessible bus for outings.
- Parking and electrical outlets for wheelchairs/scooters.
- Birds, fish, rabbit and cat for residents to enjoy. Family and volunteers are encouraged to bring suitable pets to visit.
- Mountain View is a designated non-smoking site; however, we have a covered outdoor smoking area for residents.
- On-site hairdressing salon. The large library is filled with large print books available for loan. We have significant volunteer involvement. Open and easily accessible parking area.
Parking and Transportation
Nearby to public transit.
Clients must meet Home and Community Care requirements and criteria for admission. A health care needs assessment will be completed to confirm eligibility. See website for more information.
Referral by case manager at a Home and Community Care office is required. To access service call the Home Health Service Line for more information; do not contact the care home directly.
There is a monthly accommodation fee; additional fees may apply for incidental services.