Laurel Place is a four-storey building complete located in Surrey.
Laurel Place provides 24-hour professional nursing services to people who are no longer able to stay at home safely. Can accommodate residents requiring dementia care.
There is an outdoor enclosed courtyard with a heated gazebo and outdoor patios on each floor. Our enclosed inner courtyard, with a pool of flowing water and lovely treed landscaping, provides a tranquil space for reflection or visiting. All resident home areas have an external patio off the dining area.
- 215 beds (107 publicly subsidized residential care beds, 35 convalescent beds, 20 acute rehab beds, 20 hospice beds)
- Basics include an electric bed, a three-drawer dresser, bedside table with a locking drawer and pullout writing surface and all required linens. The rooms are wired to accommodate a small TV and a telephone.
- Residents may also bring a familiar personal chair from home, pictures and wall hangings, personal items to fill a lovely memory box outside the door.
- Social recreation and activity programming are provided seven days a week and include outings on our shared wheelchair accessible bus. Staff physiotherapists supervise and assist residents with strengthening programs.
- Wide hallways accommodate motorized wheelchairs and scooters; residents are assessed for safety regarding motorized mobility aids.
- We can accommodate residents wishing to bring a beloved cat, dog, bird or other animals to live with them as long as provisions are made to safely care for them. Each request is reviewed individually to determine suitability.
- Smoking is prohibited for all visitors and staff. Residents wishing to smoke are assessed to ensure risks are minimized; they must be able to locate the outdoor gazebo in the inner courtyard.
- Within easy walking distance to Surrey Memorial Hospital, the Central City Shopping Centre, hotels and other community services; SkyTrain station is two blocks away.
- Visiting in-house dental hygienist and dentist for annual check-ups and follow-up dental work, an on-site optometrist for annual check ups, a contracted occupational therapist and a qualified foot-care nurse who visits every six weeks. Other specialized services include geriatric psychiatry, music therapy, physiotherapy and activation, and clinical nutrition. Convalescent care and rehabilitation unit on same site. Active volunteer program. The Surrey Hospice Society provides hospice support if desired by the resident and/or family.
Parking and Transportation
Parkade on site. Public transit nearby.
Clients must meet Home and Community Care requirements and criteria for admission. A health care needs assessment will be completed to confirm eligibility. See website for more information.
Referral by case manager at a Home and Community Care office is required. To access service call the Home Health Service Line for more information; do not contact the care home directly.
There is a monthly accommodation fee; additional fees may apply for incidental services.