Dufferin Care Centre is a two-storey residential care facility with four pods per floor. Owned and operated by Retirement Concepts.
At Dufferin Care Centre, we are focused on resident-centered care. All residents’ individual needs and routines are considered first and foremost. This is reflected in all care provided as well as in recreation programs, physical surroundings and staff. Residents have a right to choice, independence and privacy.
- 153 beds (128 publicly subsidized residential care beds). Couple can be accommodated.
- Rooms include bed, dresser, nightstand, chair and wardrobe.
- Residents may also bring a small TV, fridge, radio, etc. by prior arrangement. Residents are encouraged to personalize room with photos, plants, etc. Linens are provided, but a personal comforter or duvet is welcome.
- Recreation and activity programming six days a week.
- We cannot accommodate motorized scooters at this time. Our site is wheelchair accessible and has an elevator for access to the upper floors.
- Pets are welcome to visit and must be kept on a leash please. Visiting pet program.
- Inside smoking room provided on both floors. Smoking is permitted in outside secure areas during summer.
- Other amenities include foot care nurses.
Clients must meet Home and Community Care requirements and criteria for admission. A health care needs assessment will be completed to confirm eligibility. See website for more information.
Referral by case manager at a Home and Community Care office is required. To access service call the Home Health Service Line for more information; do not contact the care home directly.
There is a monthly accommodation fee; additional fees may apply for incidental services.