The Czorny Alzheimer Centre is a secure setting designed to provide psychological security and comfort through six home-like cottage living spaces: Rose Garden, Sweet Pea, Pansy Lane, Poppy Place, Lavender Way, and Sunflower Garden.
The environment serves to enrich the residents’ lives through activities appropriate for people with Alzheimer’s disease. The centre is sited in the quiet serenity of a small country street and local farms. The gardens at Czorny provide a beautiful backdrop for walking and visiting. Operated by Fraser Health.
- 72 publicly subsidized beds
- Rooms include an electric bed, a small three-drawer dresser, bedside table, and all required linens. Residents may also bring a small TV and a small personal chair from home. Pictures and wall hangings are encouraged.
- Circular walkways, accessible family kitchens, living rooms, fireplace, secure outdoor patios and laundry rooms
- Social recreation and activity programs are provided seven days a week.
- We cannot accommodate motorized wheelchairs or scooters.
- The residence has a resident fish and a pet bird. Many community guests bring their pets for regular visits.
- Smoking is not permitted in or outside the building.
- Music therapy, occupational therapy, social work, physiotherapy, recreation therapy and clinical nutrition services available.
- We have beautiful gardens, a spa, hair salon, ASBC resource centre, and large entertainment and meeting area.
Parking and Transportation
Local bus route nearby.
Clients must meet Home and Community Care requirements and criteria for admission. A health care needs assessment will be completed to confirm eligibility. See website for more information.
Referral by case manager at a Home and Community Care office is required. To access service call the Home Health Service Line for more information; do not contact the care home directly.
There is a monthly accommodation fee; additional fees may apply for incidental services.