Dania Home is a 2 storey residential care home with 102 beds, 6 of which provide respite accommodation.
Each neighborhood has 17 rooms and both floors have a common dining room. There is a large multi-purpose room on the main floor that may be used for special events, birthday parties and other social activities. Dania Home is owned and operated by Dania Home Society.
Our Mission at Dania’s Campus of Care is to provide quality housing and residential health care reflecting the values of trust, respect, caring, and diversity, respecting our Danish heritage.
- 102 single occupancy rooms with some adjoining rooms that can accommodate couples
- Each neighborhood has 17 resident rooms each equipped with a single electric bed, arm chair, and night table with a locked drawer, a wardrobe and private washroom.
- Residents may also bring personal items such as an occasional table, favourite chair, TV, radio and a picture rail is available to display pictures and photos.
- Recreation and activity programming include community outings, fitness, current events, crafts, music and spiritual events.
- We have a visiting pet program but currently cannot accommodate residents’ pets.
- Residents are asked to smoke outside the building in designated areas only.
- Visits by physiotherapist, podiatrist and dentist. Exceptional park-like grounds with a secured walking path enjoyed by dementia residents and their families. The site provides a complete “campus of care” consisting of independent/supportive living, assisted living and residential care on the same site. Some respite beds available.
Parking and Transportation
Clients must meet Home and Community Care requirements and criteria for admission. A health care needs assessment will be completed to confirm eligibility. See website for more information.
Referral by case manager at a Home and Community Care office is required. To access service call the Home Health Service Line for more information; do not contact the care home directly.
There is a monthly accommodation fee; additional fees may apply for incidental services.