Menno Hospital is a two-storey building located on a campus of care. We have numerous courtyards and outdoor patios for our residents to enjoy.
Menno Hospital provides 24-hour professional nursing services to people who are no longer able to stay at home safely.
- 151 publicly subsidized residential care beds
- Room include basic furniture and amenities. All rooms can accommodate a small TV. Each resident is provided with a basic wheelchair.
- Residents may also bring small additional furniture like a chest of drawers.
- Menno Hospital has been recently renovated to include specialized equipment (including overhead lifts in most rooms). Our newest developments include “Main Street” just inside the front entrance, featuring the Fireside Café (with both indoor and patio tables) and Fireside Treasures, a clothing and gift store operated by the Hospital Auxiliary.
- Recreational programs are provided on all units.
- There are two on-site aquariums. A pet visitation program is managed through the recreation program.
- Smoking is not permitted inside or outside the facility.
- HandyDART bus service and wheelchair taxi are available for outings into the community. Abbotsford Regional Hospital and Menno Home nearby. Mill Lake a short drive away.
- On-site hair salon is available and open two days a week. A podiatrist visits the site on a regular basis; services are covered under the Medical Services Plan. A local dentist visits regularly; costs are the responsibility of each resident.
Clients must meet Home and Community Care requirements and criteria for admission. A health care needs assessment will be completed to confirm eligibility. See website for more information.
Referral by case manager at a Home and Community Care office is required. To access service call the Home Health Service Line for more information; do not contact the care home directly.
There is a monthly accommodation fee; additional fees may apply for incidental services.