Provides timely, non-emergency health care for patients in Tri-Cities and New Westminster.
• Turn off Guildford Way toward Eagle Ridge Hospital
• Park in Parking Lot 1
• Follow the signs outside the hospital to the Tri-Cities Urgent & Primary Care Centre
• DO NOT ENTER the hospital through the Main Entrance or Emergency Department. The UPCC has its own entrance, located on east side of the hospital
Please note: Walk-ins are not accepted. Urgent appointments can be booked on a same-day basis by phone. All in-person visits are by appointment only. Patients must have a virtual screening and consultation with UPCC staff or community family physician prior to coming to the UPCC.
Parking is available at the patient parking lot at Eagle Ridge Hospital. Eagle Ridge Hospital is accessible by bus route 160 and is within a 15 minute walk from the Millennium Line.
Parking and Transportation
Pay parking is available on site.
Mobile parking payment: hangTag (must use Google Chrome internet browser to access the link)
|Parking rate||Main lot|
|Seniors 1-month permit||$70.25|
*If you have difficulty paying for parking, financial hardship permits may be available on a case-by-case basis. Please talk to your unit social worker for more information or contact Parking Administration at 604-930-5440 (Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.) or email LMCParking@fraserhealth.ca.
Hours of operation
Open 7 days a week: 1:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m., including holidays.
Examples of when to use urgent care:
- Cuts, wounds or skin conditions
- New or worsening pain
- Sprains and strains
- Nausea, diarrhea or constipation
- Mental health issues such as low mood, anxiety or depression
Please call ahead to make sure the UPCC can meet your care needs.
Patient can access the centre by phoning to set up an appointment.
Patients experiencing chest pains, head injuries or broken bones cannot be treated at the Centre and should always attend their local hospital’s emergency room.