The community pain management program is an eight week self-management program.
What kind of services are available?
Eight week self-management program providing:
- Group education about pain and substances
- Group physical rehabilitation activities
- Physiotherapy care
- Occupational therapy care
- Access to pain specialist and addiction medicine specialist consults if needed
- Community-dependent access to pharmacist and social worker
- Assisted referral to more pain, mental health and substance use services if needed
Adults 18 years and older with co-morbid chronic pain and problematic substance use (including prescription drug use) interested in self-management skills.
Clients are referred into the program by substance use services or their family doctor.