A nine-week learning series available to anyone who wants to learn more about mental illness, recovery and how best to support a loved one with mental health and/or substance use issues.
You can choose to attend all nine sessions or any individual sessions.
Module 1: Introduction to diagnosis and recovery
- Self-care - it’s your recovery too
- Letting go of stress
- Learn about the family wellness recovery plan
Module 2: Communication and recovery
- Understanding diagnosis and recovery
- Understanding mood and thought disorders
- Understanding mental health, brain, and behaviour
Module 3: Self-care and recovery
- Communication and recovery
- Communication and emotions
- Communication and problem solving
See our events calendar for a list of upcoming family and friends support groups.
Open to anyone. No referral necessary.
Call 1-833-898-6200 to register for a Family and Friends Education Series in your area.
The following resources provide additional information on support for families: