Supports patients who are 65 years and older who require treatment for an acute and complex mental illness.
This secure unit provides a safe place for seniors to receive specialized mental health services. Patients receive coordinated care from a multidisciplinary team, including psychiatrists, general practitioners, nurses, social workers, occupational therapists, rehab assistants, dieticians and mental health care workers.
Key features include:
- Intensive mental health assessment and treatment
- Medical monitoring and intervention
- Patient medication reviews and plans
- Private rooms with ensuite bathrooms
- Consult therapy rooms
- Group therapy room
- Secure outdoor patio
- Therapeutic walking loop to promote well-being
- Exercise room
- Comfort room for sensory integration
- Laundry room
Available for patients who are 65 years and older who require treatment for an acute and complex mental illness. Expected length of stay is 29 days.