Become a volunteer at Yale Road Centre.
Volunteers are important members of the health care team. They offer service and support to our residents while enhancing the overall experience at Yale Road Centre.
There may not be vacancies in some areas.
- Recreation therapy program support volunteer
- Music volunteers: Provides light background music and/or entertainment to small and large groups in a variety of settings
- Special events: Supports residents in getting to and from special events, and assists with all aspects of events from setting up to tidying up. Most importantly, volunteers engage with Yale Road clients during events assisting to provide a fun, socially positive environment.
- One to one visitors: Provides companionship and emotional support to clients.
Volunteers must meet the following requirements to be a successful candidate:
- Minimum age: 16 years
- Minimum commitment: Six months (few hours each week on a regular day and time)
- Proficient in English
- Some prior knowledge of cognitive impairment (for example, Alzheimer's Disease) is an asset
Complete the online application form.
- Step 1 Application: Complete the application form
- Step 2 Interview: Only candidates who qualify for available positions will be contacted for an initial interview
- Step 3 Screening: Criminal record check and references will be required
- Step 4 Orientation: Attend a volunteer orientation session
- Step 5 Placement: Training and placement following orientation