On April 15, 2023, Eagle Ridge Hospital moved to a new electronic health record to improve patient care.
Launching Fraser Health’s strategic decision to step into the future of care, this exciting clinical transformation will leverage technology and innovation to continuously improve the quality, consistency, and safety of patient care.
What does this mean for you?
• Health information will be stored in one place, for real-time access by all members of your care team.
• No need to repeat your health information every time you see a different health care practitioner.
• Less time waiting for lab results and medications.
• Safer medication management with new patient ID wristbands and barcode scanning.
• More seamless, better-coordinated care.
• In time, no matter what hospital you visit in Fraser Health, your health records will follow you.
Why are you changing the current system?
The Advance program is re-imaging how Fraser Health delivers care today and into the future. Advance will support Fraser Health to:
• Increase capacity to meet growing demand for health services.
• Attract and retain staff and medical staff.
• Ensure consistent, high-quality patient-centred care.
• Meet patient and family expectations for care.
• Reduce burnout and stress among direct care workers.
We appreciate your patience as we implement this new (and exciting) digital platform. If you have questions, please speak with your care provider.