Dr. Deirdre Martinka practices Maternal Fetal Medicine in Fraser Health.
Dr. Deirdre Martinka is a Maternal Fetal Medicine specialist working in the Fraser Health Authority. Dr. Martinka completed her undergraduate degree, medical degree and residency in Obstetrics and Gynaecology at the University of British Columbia. She then went on to complete a fellowship in MFM at the University of Toronto. She is currently a Clinical Assistant Professor with the University of British Columbia.
Areas of expertise
- Multiple gestation
- Fetal ultrasound
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Fellowship, Maternal Fetal Medicine – University of Toronto
- Residency (FRCSC) Obstetrics & Gynecology – University of British Columbia
- Doctor of Medicine – University of British Columbia
- Bachelor of Science in Animal Biology – University of British Columbia
Awards, honours, recognition and certification
- Nuchal translucency certification
- Martinka D, Barret J, Mei-Dan E, Zaltz A, Melamed N. Respiratory morbidity in late preterm twin infants. Arch Gynecol Obstet. 2019 Aug;300(2):337-345.
- O’Connor (Martinka) D, Berndl A. Placenta percreta. CMAJ. 2018 Feb12;190(6):E168.