Dr. Jason Burrows is a Maternal Fetal Medicine specialist and currently serves as Regional Department Head and Program Medical Director for the Perinatal Program in Fraser Health.
Dr. Jason Burrows is also the interim Division Head for the Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine in Fraser Health. He is a Clinical Associate Professor in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology at the University of British Columbia. Dr. Burrows received his medical degree and obstetrics/gynecology residency through the University of British Columbia and his Fellowship through Dalhousie University. His clinical and research interests include fetal ECHO, antenatal corticosteroids, medical education, and health administration.
Areas of expertise
- Maternal fetal medicine
- Obstetrical and gynecological ultrasound
- Maternal Fetal Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Fellowship, Maternal Fetal Medicine – 2012 – Dalhousie University
- Residency (FRCSC) Obstetrics & Gynecology – 2010 – University of British Columbia
- Doctor of Medicine – 2005 – University of British Columbia
- Bachelor of Science – 2000 – University of British Columbia
- Improving clinical practice recommendations for late preterm antenatal corticosteroids: incorporating a decision support tool to tackle the uncertain balance of risks and benefits
- Canadian Preterm Birth Network Grant. Improving utilization of antenatal Corticosteroids in preterm birth
Awards, honours, recognition and certification
- SOGC Junior Member Best of Four Research in Obstetrics – 2012
- IWK Board of Directors Fellowship – 2012
- Hamilton G. Wadman Memorial Prize in Medicine – 2009
- Metcalfe A, Hutcheon J, Sabr Y, Lyons J, Burrows J, Donovan L, Joseph K. Timing of delivery in women with diabetes: A population-based study. Acta Obst. Gynecol. Scand. 2020. 99(3):341-9.
- Liauw J, Burrows J, Crane J, Lacaze-Masmonteil T, Murphy K, Boutin A, Skoll A, Joseph K A Common Language: What exactly does 34 weeks' gestation mean? J Obstet Gynaecol Can. 2018 Dec;40(12):1623-1626.
- Boutin A, Skoll A, Bujold E, Burrows J, Crane J, Geary M, Jain V, Lacaze-Masmonteil T, Liauw J, Mundle W, Murphy K, Wong S, Joseph K Antenatal corticosteroid therapy for improving neonatal outcomes. J Obstet Gynecol Can. 2018. 40(9):1219-39