Fraser Health is working with Translink, BC Transit and handyDART to help ensure vulnerable citizens in our region can access COVID-19 immunizations by providing transportation to those in need.
The program is currently for seniors, vulnerable groups or other individuals who live in the Fraser Health region* and are facing barriers around transportation, such as limited options or affordability, or for those who need assistance in getting to and from their vaccination appointment due to a mobility, visual, or cognitive impairment.
How to request a ride
If you are a regular HandyDART/handyDART client:
- If you live in the Metro Vancouver region, please continue book your appointment at one of our community clinics, and call HandyDART at 604-575-6600 to arrange transportation support to get to your appointment.
- If you live in the Central Fraser Valley region, please continue book your appointment at one of our community clinics, and call handyDART at 604-855-0080 to arrange transportation support to get to your appointment.
If you are a resident of Ladner, North/South Delta, or Tsawwassen:
- Please visit City of Delta’s website to find out how to book transportation support through their Community Immunization Bus program.
For all other community residents:
First, you will need to register for your vaccine on the provincial Get Vaccinated system. You will need your registration confirmation number to complete the request form. Once you have registered, you can complete the transportation request form, below.
Second: Let us book your appointment for you. We will book your appointment for you when we make your transportation arrangements. This helps ensure we can coordinate your transportation with your appointment time.
You can expect to hear back from us within one to three business days after submitting your request with your appointment date and time.
There are shuttles operating in each municipality on specific days. Our team will make every effort to book you in on the earliest shuttle upon approval of your request.
Trip planning resources
If you don’t need a ride, but are looking for the fastest way to get to our vaccine clinics, please check out the resources below:
- TransLink schedules (best for those who live in the Metro Vancouver area)
- BC Transit bus schedules (best for those who live in the Central Fraser Valley area)
View the COVID-19 safety protocols for our transportation providers at the links below.
Transportation request form
Before you complete this form, you first need to register for your vaccine and get a confirmation number. You will need your confirmation number in order to complete your request for transportation.
Use Google Chrome to complete this form.
Please scroll and click Submit to ensure your request is received. A phone number is required for us to complete your booking.