Person in black suit holding up a ripped piece of paper with the words Work Injury on it.

If you are injured on the job, seek appropriate medical attention and report the incident to your manager or supervisor.

  • What do I need to do if I am hurt at work?

    Follow these five steps: 

    1. Seek appropriate medical attention, if required.
    2. Report the incident to your manager/supervisor.
    3. Call the Provincial Workplace Health Call Centre at 1-866-922-9464 to report the injury or incident.
    4. If you have sought medical attention or missed shifts from work, call WorkSafeBC teleclaim at 1-888-967-5377 to complete your incident report.  The Provincial Workplace Health Call Centre will advise you if this is a step you need to complete.  
    5. If you will miss time from work, call EARL (the employee absence reporting line) at 1-877-342-3275. 

    Remember two reasons you may need to contact the Provincial Workplace Health Call Centre again: 

    1. If you originally did not seek medical attention or miss any time from work and now either one of these has changed.  
    2. If you and your manager are trying to modify your hours or work tasks in some way.


  • How will I get paid?
    • While you are waiting for your WorkSafeBC claim to be accepted, you will be paid from your sick bank. Once your claim is accepted, your sick bank will be replenished. There should be no disruptions to your income.  
    • For updates on your claim or payments, contact your WorkSafeBC claim owner at 1-888-967-5377.
    • For Fraser Health payroll information, contact your timekeeper or Fraser Health’s payroll team at 604-520-4022 or toll free 1-877-795-4119 option 2.  
  • I am ready to return to work

    Depending on your needs, there are many different types of return–to-work programs available. 

    • If you can return to all of your work tasks and hours, contact the disability management team at and your manager. 

    • If you are ready to return to work, but are not able to complete all of your work tasks or hours, please review the returning to work section. 
  • What should I do when I am recovering?

    Your role in your recovery and return-to-work is critical. Steps to follow:  

    • Keep your manager/supervisor informed of your recovery timeline.  Remember that you do not have to share the specific details about your medical condition with your manager or supervisor.  
    • Follow your treatment plan, in collaboration with your health care providers, absence and disability management team contact and union (if applicable).
    • Update your absence and disability management team contact on the progress of your recovery and return-to-work plan.
    • Update your claim owner at WorkSafeBC on the progress of your recovery and return-to work plan.
    • Support the prevention of future incidents by fully participating in the incident investigation.
    • If you’re struggling in your recovery, reach out to your absence and disability management team member. We are here to help.
    • Remember that staying connected with your department while recovering can help with your social well-being.

Questions about your WorkSafeBC Claim?

For information about the Claims process or the status of your claim, call WorkSafeBC at 1-888-967-5377

Questions about your pay?

For information about your pay, contact: Fraser Health Payroll at 604-520-4022 or toll free 1-877-795-4119. 

Questions about your benefits?

For information about your benefits, contact Fraser Health People and Information Benefits at 604-520-4420 or toll free 1-877-795-4119