Communicable disease control
We monitor communicable diseases, recommend interventions and investigate outbreaks.
Communicable diseases are often transmitted through food, water, animals or adverse environmental conditions.
Our environmental health officers in the Communicable Disease Control program work to improve public health through:
- Monitoring communicable diseases
- Identifying the risk factors
- Recommending or applying appropriate interventions to stop the spread of the disease
- Investigating outbreaks of gastrointestinal disease in care facilities or other institutions (e.g. day cares, schools)
- Assisting other environmental health officers when an outbreak occurs in a regulated food premises, drinking water system or with recreational water
For more information, contact us at 604-507-5478 or toll-free at 1-866-990-9941.