Residential care complaints and investigations

Licensing staff have the legal responsibility to investigate all complaints that a licensed care facility is not complying with the Community Care and Assisted Living Act (CCALA), the regulations or the terms and conditions of its licence, and to investigate all complaints that a person may be operating an illegal residential care facility that requires a licence (eg providing care to 3 or more adults/youth who are not related to the operator by blood or marriage and who are receiving a complex level of care). 

If you have a health and safety concern or complaint about an adult care facility, please contact your local Community Care Facilities Licensing office.


I Need To...