Information and resources on coping with the loss of a loved one from overdose.
- August 31 is International Overdose Awareness Day - the world’s largest annual campaign to end overdose, remember, without stigma, those who have died and acknowledge the grief of the family and friends left behind. Find an event to attend in your community August 31 by visiting www.overdoseday.com/canada.
- Grief Handbook - A handbook to help you navigate grief and loss as a result of substance use.
- Our Grief Support Groups | Healing Hearts Bereavement Support - Canada (healingheartscanada.org) – Find a grief and loss support group in your area.
- www.grasphelp.org - GRASP is Grief Recovery After Substance Abuse, a national resource that provides help, compassion and understanding for those whose loved one died from substance abuse or addiction. They provide online and in-person support groups.
- www.survivorresources.org - Survivors Resources is a non-profit organization that offers support groups, crisis response, grief counseling and other services for families of victims of death due to homicide, suicide or overdose.
- www.whatsyourgrief.com/10-helpful-tips-talking-children-drug-related-death-loved-one - Provides support with talking to children who have lost a loved one due to substance use.