Screening tests can help prevent illness and promote healthy aging.
Blood pressure screening
This can be done at a drug store or at your family physician's office.
Here are some recommended tests with information provided by the BC Cancer Agency.
- Screening mammograms are available for eligible individuals in B.C. age 40 and up.
- Learn more about how to book a mammogram and find answers to frequently asked questions.
Colon cancer screening
- Everyone aged 50-74 should get screened regularly for colon cancer.
Read about these recommendations.
- Between age 50-70, annual screening is recommended for individuals with a prostate as long as they are in reasonably good health.
Learn more about prostate cancer and how to help prevent it.
- Health screening: finding health problems early
See information and resources from HealthLink BC.