Tips to help you spring clean your lifestyle to boost health and vitality.
Spring is the perfect time to shake up your winter routine and put some spring back in your step. Whether it's lightening up your plate or getting back to outdoor play, here are ways to kick start your spring.
Spring clean your body and mind
Spring signals to many of us to clean up our homes, shake up our habits and tune up our health and fitness. Here are some ways to get healthy in mind and body, safely.
- Power up with a plant based diet. Tips on how to switch to a vegan diet safely.
- Spring clean your body. Three nourishing steps to total nutrition and spring wellness.
- Match your food to your mood. Tips for eating well to ward off the blues.
- Shake off the sugar. How to cut sugar from your diet to boost your health.
Get outside and play
Warmer spring weather is a perfect time to get outside and be more active.
- Vancouver Trails provides information on difficulty, distance and time to hike for trails across the Lower Mainland, Fraser Valley and Whistler region.
- Walk your way to health. A guide to local walking adventures for all generations.
- Unplugged. Kid-approved, off-screen activities.
- 7 ways to fill 7 days with active spring break activities.
- Bike safety. Tips to keep you and your family safe while biking.
- Window safety for children. Tips to prevent falls from windows and balconies.
- Eight ways to spot a concussion - a parent's guide. How to spot a concussion during spring sports season.
- Sun and heat safety. How to stay safe in the sun and ways to beat the heat.
- Insect bites and stings. How to avoid bites and stings and what to do.
- Tick bites and diseases. How to avoid tick bites and remove them.
- Travel immunizations. Make sure your immunizations are up-to-date before heading to your spring break destination.