Prize Draw Official Rules and Regulations (The “Official Prize Draw Rules and Regulations”)
The BC SPEAK Survey Prize Draw (the “Prize Draw”) is sponsored by Fraser Health, in conjunction with a provincial public health survey conducted by all regional health authorities in BC. The Prize Draw is being run in its entirety by Fraser Health. The winners of the Prize Draw will be selected in the manner detailed below.
Prize draw period
The Prize Draw period starts at 9:00 a.m. PST on April 25, 2023, and ends no earlier than 11:59 p.m. PST on July 31, 2023, or in accordance with the end date of the BC Speak Survey (the “Prize Draw Period”). Winners of the Prize Draw will be selected after the Prize Draw Period comes to a close.
No purchase necessary to enter or win. To be eligible for the Prize Draw, you must:
- Be 19 years of age or older at the time of entry;
- Participate in the BC SPEAK Survey (the “Survey”);
- Provide your email address to enter; and
- Reside in the geographic region of Fraser Health.
Employees directly associated with the Survey at any BC health authority and their immediate family members (i.e., parents, children, siblings, and spouse, whether or not they reside in the same household) are not eligible for the Prize Draw.
Prize winners may be asked to provide proof to establish that they meet the eligibility criteria.
How to enter
Complete the Survey and enter a valid email address that you can be reached at on the final page of the Survey to be entered into the Prize Draw. Entry into the Prize Draw is optional.
You can only enter the Prize Draw once (1 time) during the Prize Draw Period. Repeated attempts to enter and/or multiple entries to the Prize Draw by the same entrant may result in disqualification. Fraser Health may remove or refuse to allow any entry where there is suspected non-compliance with the Official Prize Draw Rules and Regulations.
There are 26 gift cards to Best Buy, Chapters Indigo, and London Drugs valued at $50.00 CAD to $250.00 CAD, available to be won (the “Prizes”).
One prize winner will be selected for each Prize. The Prize must be accepted as awarded. No substitutions of the Prizes are permitted except by Fraser Health at its sole discretion. Fraser Health reserves the right to substitute any of the Prizes with other prizes of equal or greater value if any Prize cannot be awarded as described for any reason. Prizes are non-transferable and are not redeemable for cash.
Odds of winning
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Prize Draw Period.
Selection of prize winners
Prize winners will be selected from each of the following Fraser Health sub-regions: Burnaby, New Westminster, Tri-Cities (Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, Port Moody, Anmore, Belcarra), Maple Ridge/Pitt Meadows, Delta, South Surrey/White Rock, Surrey, Langley City/Township of Langley, Abbotsford, Mission, Chilliwack, Agassiz/Harrison and Hope/Boston Bar.
Potential prize winners will be selected by random draw from all eligible entries for each sub-region during the Prize Draw Period (the “Selected Entrants”) after the Survey has closed. The draw will take place on August 15, 2023. A maximum of 26 Prizes will be awarded. Fraser Health may change the Draw Date if the Prize Draw Period is changed to meet the objectives of the Survey. If you are a Selected Entrant, you will be notified of your selection by email within seven (7) business days of the Draw Date.
In order to be declared a prize winner, you must:
- correctly answer a skill-testing math question without mechanical, electronic, or other assistance (i.e., without using a calculator or getting help from someone else); and
- complete a declaration and release confirming your: (i) compliance with the Official Prize Draw Rules and Regulations; (ii) eligibility for the Prize Draw; (iii) acceptance of the Prize as awarded; and (iv) agreement to release Fraser Health from all liability in connection with the Prize Draw and the Prize (the “Declaration and Release”).
You must complete and return the skill-testing math question and the Declaration and Release to Fraser Health within seven (7) business days of being notified of your selection.
If it is answered incorrectly, Fraser Health may, at its sole discretion, give Selected Entrants up to three chances to answer the skill-testing math question correctly.
If Fraser Health is unable to contact a Selected Entrant after three (3) attempts, a Selected Entrant does not fully complete and return the skill-testing math question and Declaration and Release within the allotted time, or a Selected Entrant does not answer the skill-testing math question correctly, the selected entry may be considered void and another potential prize winner may be drawn from the remaining eligible entrants.
The names of prize winners will not be shared publicly.
Prizes will be mailed to the prize winners. Fraser Health is not liable for and will not replace any lost or stolen Prizes, including those that are lost in the mail.
General terms and conditions
- All federal, provincial, and municipal laws apply.
- By entering the Prize Draw, you agree to be bound by the Official Prize Draw Rules and Regulations and the decisions of Fraser Health, which will be final in all matters relating to the Prize Draw.
- By entering the Prize Draw, you release, discharge, indemnify, and hold harmless Fraser Health, its officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, and affiliates from and against any and all liabilities, losses, damages, claims, actions, demands, costs, and expenses whatsoever arising from or related to the Prize Draw and/or your acceptance, possession, or use of any Prize awarded.
- By entering the Prize Draw, you give Fraser Health permission to contact you via email or letter mail in connection to the Prize Draw.
- Any violation of the Official Prize Draw Rules and Regulations may result in disqualification.
- Fraser Health may suspend, cancel, or terminate the Prize Draw and/or change the Official Prize Draw Rules and Regulations at its sole discretion, at any time, without notice.
- Fraser Health is not responsible for any lost, late, illegible, garbled, or incomplete entries, all of which will be disqualified.
- Fraser Health makes no representations, guarantees, or warranties regarding any of the Prizes.
- Fraser Health is not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify Selected Entrants.
- Fraser Health is not responsible for any technical, hardware, software, telecommunications, electronic communications, network, or other system issues or malfunctions that may limit or hinder your ability to participate in the Prize Draw.
- By entering the Prize Draw, you agree not to purposefully corrupt or damage the Survey and/or Prize Draw system.
- Fraser Health is not responsible for any errors in the offer or administration of the Prize Draw, including the selection and announcement of prize winners or the distribution of Prizes, or for any human or other errors which may occur in relation to the Prize Draw.
- This Prize Draw is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or affiliated with Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, or any other social media platform used to advertise this Prize Draw.
By entering this Prize Draw, you give Fraser Health permission to use your personal information for the purpose of administering this Prize Draw. All personal information will be collected by the British Columbia Center for Disease Control (“BCCDC”), which is a part of the Provincial Health Services Authority, in accordance with the BC Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
For questions or concerns related to your privacy, contact email@example.com.
For questions regarding the Prize Draw, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.