The Langley Memorial Hospital is undergoing several capital development projects to upgrade and expand facilities and services to improve care for our community.
Emergency Department Expansion
Langley Memorial Hospital’s emergency department (ED) will expand to three times its current size and is designed to better support and care for patients and families who require emergency care.
- 49 new private treatment spaces from 31
- Waiting and treatment area specifically designed for children and families
- Specialized mental health and substance use waiting and treatment area
- Redesigned emergency entrance and waiting area
- Separate ambulance entrance
- The emergency department upgrades include new underground services and rerouting existing services, a new entrance road and new patient pick-up/drop-off area.
- To minimize the risk of infection, additional hand-washing stations, utility rooms, a decontamination area and an isolation room will be added.
New Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Suite
The new MRI Suite at Langley Memorial Hospital will bring the right care closer to home for residents and will eliminate the need to travel outside of the community for these critical diagnostic exams.
- First-ever MRI for Langley Memorial Hospital
- Up to 7,500 exams annually
- Reduces wait times and need to travel for patients
July 16, 2019 - Patients in Langley and across the region will benefit from increased access to MRI exams and shorter wait times when the first-ever MRI for Langley Memorial Hospital opens mid-summer 2020.
Additional hospital upgrades and enhancements
Langley Memorial Hospital is improving access and experience for patients and visitors through the following additional upgrades and enhancements to our site.
- Hospital main lobby refresh and new on-site café
- Parking lot refresh and new covered walkway to entrance
- Technology, imagining, electrical replacements and upgrades
Construction to expand the emergency department is underway and is projected to be complete late 2020. During renovations the hospital and emergency department remain open and continue to provide safe, exceptional care and support to patients and families.
The new MRI suite is projected to be complete in mid-summer 2020