Read details about projects and timelines.
Emergency Department expansion
Langley Memorial Hospital’s Emergency Department will expand to three times its current size and is designed to better support and care for patients and families who require emergency care.
- 49 new private treatment spaces from 31
- Waiting and treatment area specifically designed for children and families
- Specialized mental health and substance use waiting and treatment area
- Redesigned emergency entrance and waiting area
- Separate ambulance entrance
- The Emergency Department upgrades include new underground services and rerouting existing services, a new entrance road and a new patient pick-up/drop-off area.
- To minimize the risk of infection, additional hand-washing stations, utility rooms, a decontamination area and an isolation room will be added.
May 4, 2021 – Langley Memorial Hospital new emergency department opens
New Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Suite
The new MRI Suite at Langley Memorial Hospital will bring the right care closer to home for residents and will eliminate the need to travel outside of the community for these critical diagnostic exams.
- First-ever MRI for Langley Memorial Hospital
- Up to 7,500 exams annually
- Reduces wait times and need to travel for patients
January 28, 2021 - New MRI suite open at Langley Memorial Hospital
Additional hospital upgrades and enhancements
Langley Memorial Hospital is improving access and experience for patients and visitors through the following additional upgrades and enhancements to our site.
- Hospital main lobby refresh and new on-site café
- Parking lot refresh and new covered walkway to the entrance
- Technology, imagining, electrical replacements and upgrades
Download and share our project overview for Langley Memorial Hospital.
Interested in joining one of our hospital teams? Learn more about our exciting career opportunities.