Read details about expansion timelines and progress.
Emergency department expansion and upgrades
The Peace Arch Hospital emergency department (ED) expansion will more than double its treatment spaces for patients and will enable improved care and experience for patients in an updated facility.
The new emergency department will feature:
- 50 new single-patient treatment spaces, up from 24
- Child and family-friendly treatment area
- Dedicated mental health and substance use waiting and treatment area
- Re-designed registration area to help patients move through emergency in a more seamless way, allowing for faster care
New surgical suites
- New surgical suites will replace three existing operating rooms (ORs) with five, boosting the number of surgeries performed at the hospital.
- Re-designed operating rooms will provide the necessary space for larger teams of health care professionals and the right technology and equipment to enable the delivery of quality care.
New medical reprocessing department
- Medical device reprocessing department will be expanded and relocated to be closer to the surgical suites providing better access and improved infection control and safety for physicians, staff and patients.
Download and share our project overview for Peace Arch Hospital.
Construction on the Peace Arch Hospital emergency department expansion and upgrade project is currently underway and will be completed in two phases.
Phase 1 - Emergency department and surgical suites expansion along with the renovation of the medical equipment reprocessing department, is expected to be complete May 2021.
Phase 2 - Renovation of parts of the former emergency department to support additional expansion is projected to be complete in early 2022.
Find a printable version of the timeline.
Interested in joining one of our hospital teams? Learn more about our exciting career opportunities.
Get to know the Peace Arch team: