Glenwood is a residential care facility with a home-like environment and easily accessible gardens. All areas are pleasantly decorated and have large oversized windows. Owned and operated by Leyen Holdings.
We recognize that care should focus on the whole person including physical, social and spiritual and emotional needs, and that care should be flexible and responsive to each individual. As a team, we will provide care in partnership with family, friends, community members and other health care staff.
- 37 beds 928 publicly subsidized residential care bed; 1 respite bed.
- Rooms include hospital-type bed, dresser, bedside table, lamp and comfortable chair. All rooms have telephone and cable hook-ups; service can be arranged by family members.
- Residents may also bring personal belongings to decorate the rooms.
- We use our own wheelchair accessible bus for outings and planned activities.
- Parking and electrical outlets available for scooters. Fully wheelchair accessible.
- Pets are regular visitors to Glenwood and are active part of our residents' lives.
- Smoking is permitted in the wheelchair accessible outdoor smoking area. For safety reasons, residents are asked to keep all smoking supplies at the front desk.
- Hot food cart meal service with menu choices; on-site physiotherapy and "Moving for Life" program. Residents have access to our on-site beauty salon three full days per week, and to regular foot care services provided by our foot care nurse. Full volunteer service program. Adult day program on site. Adjacent to Logan Manor.
Parking and Transportation
Public transportation is available.
Clients must meet Home and Community Care requirements and criteria for admission. A health care needs assessment will be completed to confirm eligibility. See website for more information.
Referral by case manager at a Home and Community Care office is required. To access service call the Home Health Service Line for more information; do not contact the care home directly.
There is a monthly accommodation fee; additional fees may apply for incidental services.