Nicola Lodge is a state of the art complex, offering full residential complex care with specialized services for dementia and bariatric care.
Nicola Lodge embraces a resident-centred philosophy of care and provides quality-of-life care that encourages our residents to make meaningful choices and participate in more purposeful activities.
- 212 publicly subsidized residential care beds, 26 mental health subsidized beds, 18 private pay beds
- Rooms include an electric bed, a small bed side table, an armoire for personal clothing and required linens, a Chester drawer and a chair.You may also bring an easy chair, small table, lamp, pictures, TV. No other electrical appliances allowed.
- Nicola Lodge is a state of the art complex, offering full residential complex care with specialized services for dementia and bariatric care. Each of the three interconnected buildings feature small neighbourhoods designed to promote friendship and wellness in a home-like environment. Inside residents can enjoy the ice cream parlour, the salt water fish tank, the library and the baby grand piano. Large private rooms have individual bathrooms and ceiling lifts. Intimate outdoor patios in each neighbourhood ensure that residents can enjoy the views of attractive mountains, beautiful landscaping and garden setting.
- Nicola Lodge has an extensive Therapeutic Recreation Department that provides individual and group programming developed to meet the needs, interests and abilities of our residents. We use standardized assessment tools and care plans to ensure that the programs we provide are therapeutic and help residents to meet their individual goals. We provide services seven days a week, 365 days a year. Each neighborhood has monthly calendars created with input from the residents. Some of the most popular programs include our bus trips, Happy Hour with live music, active games, creative arts and special events.We provide a weekly group Music Therapy Program. As well as one-on-one therapy for residents who have an assessed need. We have a growing volunteer program that help to enhance the Recreation program through activities such as 1:1 visits and Pet Therapy.
- Pets are welcome to visit though must be on a leash at all times. Pet visitation program.
- We cannot accommodate motorized scooters. We are wheelchair accessible.
- Nicola Lodge is a non-smoking building for visitors and staff. Smoking is permitted for those residents able to smoke independently; Residents must be able to pass a smoking safety assessment and access smoking area in an independent manner. We have a designated smoking area in the gazebo located in a secured area outside of building two, Sockeye Neighbourhood.
- Close proximity to Walmart, Costco, Home Depot and beautiful residential neighbourhoods. Easy access to community shuttle or bus services.
Parking and Transportation
Public transit nearby.
Clients must meet Home and Community Care requirements and criteria for admission. A health care needs assessment will be completed to confirm eligibility. See website for more information.
Referral by case manager at a Home and Community Care office is required. To access service call the Home Health Service Line for more information; do not contact the care home directly.
There is a monthly accommodation fee; additional fees may apply for incidental services.