Northcrest Care Centre is home to two care units for residents requiring daily care and assistance, one secured special care unit for residents at risk due to dementia, and a transitional care unit for rehabilitation care following hospital discharge.
Surrounded by beautifully landscaped gardens and tall evergreens, Northcrest features several spacious sunrooms and secured patios.
- 106 beds; 68 publicly subsidized residential care beds, 10 veteran beds, 28-bed special care unit. All rooms have an en-suite bathroom.
- Rooms include bed, nightstand, lamp and armoire. Cable television and telephone service is available in every room with connection charges billed to the resident or family.
- Residents may also bring your own furniture (favourite chair or bookcase) providing it does not overcrowd the room or create a safety hazard.
- Northcrest Care Centre has an active recreation department encouraging our residents to participate in frequent group outings for bus trips, swimming, intergenerational programs, community events and celebrations. We encourage and support the independence of our residents with our social and exercise program in addition to our full calendar of activities and events for recreation and entertainment. Northcrest is pleased to provide a comprehensive rehabilitation program directed by our on-site physiotherapist in one of our fully equipped rehabilitation treatment rooms.
- Our building is completely wheelchair accessible. Elevator-equipped.
- Pets are encouraged at Northcrest as long as they are kept on leash.
- Smoking is permitted in two outdoor sheltered areas only.
- Close proximity to shopping and medical specialists. Conveniently accessed by transit, the Alex Fraser Bridge and Highway 99.
- Access to medical specialists including doctor, dietitian, foot care nurse, physiotherapist, social worker, occupational therapist. On-site hair salon, library. Special care unit on same site.
Parking and Transportation
Outdoor parking is available. Public transit nearby.
Clients must meet Home and Community Care requirements and criteria for admission. A health care needs assessment will be completed to confirm eligibility. See website for more information.
Referral by case manager at a Home and Community Care office is required. To access service call the Home Health Service Line for more information; do not contact the care home directly.
There is a monthly accommodation fee; additional fees may apply for incidental services.