Evergreen Hamlets is a three-building residential care facility. Each neighbourhood has its own dining room. Owned and operated by H&H Total Care.
Evergreen Hamlets strives to create a centre of excellence to provide care to young adults living with chronic conditions. Provides 24-hour professional nursing services to adults with chronic conditions who are no longer able to stay at home safely. Evergreen Hamlets specializes in care for young adults with acquired brain injury, Huntington's chorea, multiple sclerosis and cerebral palsy. There is a young adult focus at this residence.
- 60 beds (48 publicly subsidized)
- Rooms include a bed, dresser, nightstand, chair, lamp and linens
- Residents can also bring a radio, TV, personal chair, pictures, plants, computers and other items to make it home.
- Services on-site include phsyiotherapy, massage therapy, aquatherapy in hydrotherapy pool, active rehab, cognitive / neurobehavioural intervention and in-house programs
- Therapeutic age-appropriate recreation and activity programs include bus trips, group outings, arts and crafts, sports and gardening.
- There is a lift-equipped bus available for appointments and outings.
- Wheelchair accessible and elevator-equipped. Motorized wheelchairs can be accommodated.
- Residents can have pets provided they are able to care for them.
- Designated, covered smoking areas are available outside all four units.
- Other amenities include podiatry services, visiting hairdresser. Four-bed self contained assisted living for life skills training on same site.
Provides 24-hour professional nursing services to adults with chronic conditions who are no longer able to stay at home safely.
Parking and Transportation
Clients must meet Home and Community Care requirements and criteria for admission. A health care needs assessment will be completed to confirm eligibility. See website for more information.
Referral by case manager at a Home and Community Care office is required. To access service call the Home Health Service Line for more information; do not contact the care home directly.
There is a monthly accommodation fee; additional fees may apply for incidental services.