The New Vista Care Home is a residential care facility divided into five 'villages': the Rose Garden (first floor), Cypress Grove (second floor) and Willow Place (third floor). Maple Lane (first floor) is a secured unit for residents at risk of wandering. Aspen Grove (first floor) is a secured unit specifically designed for residents with Alzheimer's type dementia. We place residents according to their needs.
The New Vista Care Centre provides 24-hour professional nursing services to people who are no longer able to stay at home safely.
- 236 (203 publicly subsidized residential care beds; 23-bed special care unit).
- Rooms include basic furnishings.
- Residents may also bring your favourite chair, some pictures, an Afghan, radio, and/or small television on a wheeled stand (the TV or radio should be checked to ensure it is functioning properly and must be CSA approved).
- Full range of recreational programming including bus trips, fitness, games, Bingo, birthday celebrations, etc. Own bus for outings.
- Resident and visiting pets are permitted; a pet policy exists. Pet owners must comply with the New Vista Society’s Pet Ownership Rules. Pets are regular visitors and an active part of our residents’ lives.
- Smoking is allowed only within the designated, clearly marked enclosed areas. Smoking is not permitted in resident rooms. Restrictions may be imposed if smoking is creating a hazard due to unsafe habits.
- Music therapy, art therapy, physiotherapy, social work, pharmacy services, dental services, podiatry services, beauty salon.
Parking and Transportation
Nearby to public transit.
Clients must meet Home and Community Care requirements and criteria for admission. A health care needs assessment will be completed to confirm eligibility. See website for more information.
Referral by case manager at a Home and Community Care office is required. To access service call the Home Health Service Line for more information; do not contact the care home directly.
There is a monthly accommodation fee; additional fees may apply for incidental services.