Register for Fetal Health Surveillance Workshops.
Follow the guide below to help you register and complete the Canadian fundamentals of fetal health surveillance online self-learning manual and refresher workshop.
Register for the Fetal Health Surveillance workshops. They are all posted on the LearningHub.
Instructions and important notes for accessing the LearningHub
- Access the Learning Hub
- New User? Create an account
- Ensure you use an email address that you can access from home or work.
- Choose the best description for your role
- Registered nurses choose health organization employee.
- Midwives and Physicians choose medical staff
- Choose Fraser Health as your health organization (If you do not select Fraser Health, you will not be eligible to register for our classes).
Before registering for any of our workshops, please update your email address so that you can access all links and emails from your home or work computer.
- To update your email address, log in to the Learning Hub
- Click on your name in the top right corner of the screen. Then click on My Profile.
- In My Profile, you can update and confirm the following:
- You can update your profile email address and profile type
- If you have more than one account, you can ensure you are using your verified Fraser Health profile
- If you work for more than one health authority, you can add Fraser Health Authority as an additional health authority
Fetal Health Surveillance (FHS) for Fraser Health – FHS Interprofessional Refresher (two hours)
- This is a refresher course for staff who are currently working in the perinatal area. It is expected that all who work in the perinatal area complete this education every two years. CME credits are not available for the workshop portion of this education. However, they are available for the FHS online module and exam.
FHS workshops refresher for all sites follow the same format. You are welcome to take any workshop that is available however taking a workshop offered by your site will allow you to learn along side your colleagues
Your Zoom link for the workshop will be emailed to you anywhere from one week to 48 hours prior to the workshop. More specific information for your workshop will be available in the Learning Hub.
Complete the Fundamentals of FHS self-learning online manual and exam prior to attending your workshop
A fee is applicable for participants who are not directly employed by Fraser Health.
FHS instructors are no longer accepting payment for workshops.
Participants from all sites to call ANY one of the numbers below or visit to make payment by credit card:
- Abbotsford Regional Hospital
Hours: Monday – Friday, 10:15 a.m. – 12:45 p.m.
- Burnaby Hospital
Hours: Monday – Friday 10:15 a.m. – 3:15 p.m. (closed between 12:00 p.m. -12:30 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. - 2:15 p.m.)
- Chilliwack General Hospital
Hours: Monday – Friday, 9:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Delta Hospital
Hours: Mondays and Thursdays, 8:30 a.m. - 3:15 p.m. Fridays, 9:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
- Eagle Ridge Hospital
Hours: Monday – Friday, 9:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
- Langley Memorial Hospital
Hours: Monday – Friday 10:15 a.m. – 3:15 p.m. (closed between 12:00 p.m. - 12:30 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. - 2:15p.m.)
- Peace Arch Hospital
Hours: Monday – Friday 10:15 a.m. – 3:15 p.m. (closed between 12:00 p.m. - 12:30 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. - 2:15 p.m.)
- Ridge Meadows Hospital
Hours: Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, 10:15 a.m. - 3:15 p.m. (closed between 12:00 p.m. - 12:30 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. - 2:15 p.m.)
- Royal Columbian Hospital
Hours: Monday – Friday 1:00 p.m. – 2:45 p.m.
- Surrey Memorial Hospital
Phone: 604-587-3938 Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. – 3:15 p.m. (closed between 10:00 a.m. -10:15 a.m., 12:00 p.m. - 12:30 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. - 2:15 p.m.)
Information to provide to the cashier:
- Name, First and Last
- Name of course
- Amount ($200 for NRP and $125 for FHS)
- Email address
- Credit Card information (Only Credit Card payments accepted at this time)
- A PDF receipt will be emailed to participants using the email address given.
Proof of Payment for NRP or FHS workshop:
- The receipt must be provided to CNE for the site hosting the NRP or FHS workshop in order to receive the NRP card or FHS record of completion. Email receipt in advance of virtual workshop or present it in person for NRP workshop.
- Complete the Fundamentals of FHS self-learning online manual and exam prior to attending your workshop.
- Classes are posted as soon as they are planned approximately one to two months in advance. If you are wishing to plan further in advance, please speak to the Clinical Nurse Educator at your site to find out if they have plans to hold additional workshops.
Learn more about the eight-hour Fetal Health Surveillance Provider Course on the BCIT website.
Prerequisites for the Fetal Health Surveillance Workshop
- Complete the Fundamentals of Fetal Health Surveillance online manual and exam and print the certificate. For more detailed information, please review the sections below on this web page.
- Fetal Health Surveillance Certificate
A PDF certificate of exam completion will automatically be sent to your email address after you pass the exam. This is the only copy available and there is no access to the certificate within your UBC CPD eLearning account. Email the FHS Certificate to the Maternity clinical nurse educator where your FHS Refresher Workshop is being hosted. This will be the person who emails you the Zoom link prior to your workshop.
- Fetal Health Surveillance Refresher Workshop Certificate
Successfully completing the FHS Exam is part of the FHS Refresher workshop. Once you have completed the exam and workshop successfully you will have access to a certificate of completion of the FHS Refresher Workshop through the Learning Hub where you registered for the FHS Refresher workshop.
Online module and exam: Fundamentals of Fetal Health Surveillance (FHS)
*Please use Google Chrome to access the module and exam from any computer (e.g. home, work, library, etc.)
Information about the online module and exam
The Fetal Health Surveillance online module is expected to take up to 8 hours to complete, similar to reading a textbook thoroughly. Providers complete this preparation on their own time, but CME credits are available. Staff are paid for a portion of their time, similar to the Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP).
Certificate: Fetal Health Surveillance Online Manual Completion Certificate
Credits: Up to 8.0 MOC Section - 3 credits
Duration: 8 hours
Target audience: Family physicians, midwives, nurses, obstetricians and students or residents in these disciplines.
Register for the exam
Do not pay for the exam — use the Fraser Health code FHSCGH2020 in the voucher code textbox field to pay when prompted to do so.
Step 1 (Module):
- Register for FHS online manual if you have not done so already.
- Review the content.
- When you are ready to write the exam move to Step 2.
Step 2 (Exam):
- Write the exam.
- Ensure you are in Google Chrome.
- Complete the first section (Shopping Cart) then Proceed to checkout.
- When you are on the Checkout page, select Organization in the Payer section. Type in Fraser Health in the Organization field.
- Complete the rest of the required information.
- In the payment section, add FHSCGH2020 in the voucher code field. Then click Apply, your amount due should go from $30.00 to $0.00.
- Accept the Terms and conditions and click Review & Confirm.
- Complete registration.
Watch your email for instructions on how to access the exam. You will receive many emails from UBC CPD but look for the one that says in the subject line, “Welcome to the F Are you still using Google Chrome?"
Voucher code should only be used once per registrant. If you have not received an email confirmation or are having trouble accessing the course DO NOT REGISTER AGAIN. Please email UBC CPD Registration at firstname.lastname@example.org. Registration with the FHS online exam will expire three months from the date of registration.
Returning to manual after logging in
If you already have access to the online module and exam you can access it using Google Chrome at this link. You can also copy and paste this URL into Google Chrome.
Frequently asked questions about the online exam
Do I need Google Chrome to access the online modules and exam?
The UBC CPD platform does not work well in Internet Explorer. If you are on a Fraser Health computer it will default to Internet Explorer, so you will have to copy and paste the URL codes to use Google Chrome.
Please download Google Chrome if you do not have it on your computer.
I am having trouble accessing the online module or exam - what can I do?
Email the UBC CPD eLearning team at email@example.com
What happens if I forget my password?
Click Forgot my password then follow the prompts.
What if I can’t find the website to take the online exam?
If you are having trouble finding the website that houses the online FHS module:
- Go to the Perinatal Services BC website
- Under Education and Development, click on Fetal Health Surveillance
- Click on Register for Online FHS Manual
If you encounter any issues please contact the UBC CPD E-learning team at firstname.lastname@example.org, your clinical educator, or Patti Hanson, coordinator, Fetal Health Surveillance, Fraser Health at email@example.com.
I have completed my exam but cannot access the exam certificate. Where is my certificate?
A PDF certificate of exam completion will automatically be sent to your email address one hour after you pass your exam.
How do I resent the online module so I can see my progress for this renewal period?
Go to the FHS online module and click on “reset course here” near the top of this page.