Fraser Health Acute Care Orientation (ACO) provides a foundational orientation for all new Fraser Health acute care employees.
The orientation program includes an introduction to Fraser Health key policies, practice standards, and priorities for staff working in acute care.
Prior to orientation day
All staff attending Acute Care Orientation: complete the required prerequisites as indicated on the ACO Prerequisite Checklist.
Ensure your LearningHub account and profile are up to date with current email address and your employee ID (if available).
If you have multiple accounts, merge them by contacting LearningHub. (One account can have multiple sub-profiles.)
Virtual “ Zoom” sessions
A Zoom invitation with log in details will be sent to the email associated with your LearningHub account one business day prior to each session. If you do not receive the Zoom invitation, please check your spam/junk email folder.
The following online resources will be discussed in the virtual sessions.
- Fraser Health overview
- Nursing practice and protocols
In person sessions (for nurses only)
A uniform is not required.
Parking may be limited. Allow plenty of time for parking and getting to the room location. Refer to the parking/transit information below for the site that you are scheduled to attend.
In times of inclement weather, check your email prior to the class in case of cancellation. Even if the class is not cancelled, only attend if you have a safe travel option.
Contact the Business Support Assistant (BSA) or designate who registered you for the session if you need to reschedule.
The following online learning modules are to be completed prior to the session (see the ACO prerequisite checklist for details).
- Nursing staff attending Acute Care Orientation: Nursing Clinical Skills (morning)
- Nursing staff attending Acute Care Orientation: Central Line Care and Maintenance (afternoon)
The following resources will be discussed in the in-person sessions.
- Nursing Clinical Skills (morning)
- Central Line Care and Maintenance (afternoon)
- Access the FH Pulse from home or anywhere
- FH employees information and resources
- Photo ID (accessible from a FH network only)
- Fit testing (accessible from a FH network only)