The Fraser Health principal investigator is responsible for overseeing the administration of study budget and for complying with the applicable regulations, policies and/or agreements.

Updated October 28, 2022

The Department of Evaluation and Research Services (DERS) provide support and training to researchers throughout the lifecycle of the study.

Cost centre creation

Researchers can request a study cost centre by submitting the Cost Centre Request Form on ROMEO once the study has received the Letter of Authorization to Conduct Research (LOA). With this new account, they can manage their research funds and administer expenses.

Cost centre management

Summaries of activity (i.e. push reports) are emailed on a monthly basis to the principal investigators for review.

For real-time data, either the principal investigator or their designate can view the detailed study expense data in MicroStrategy. 

Tracking expenses

To prevent the study from going over budget, keep track of study expenses by using a spreadsheet, such as Excel, or Clinical Trial Management System (CTMS).

Transfer research fund

The research development specialist can assist with the transfer of research funds to and from Fraser Health.

Research grant administration oversight

All Fraser Health researchers who receive grants must provide a copy of the award notice and the regulations or conditions governing the use of grant funds to DERS on ROMEO.

Some funding agencies require DERS to monitor the expenses charged to research award accounts. DERS will monitor the expenses on a quarterly basis or as required. The principal investigator is responsible for providing copies of all expense claims to our research development specialist for review.