Cottage and Worthington Pavilions
We believe the resident’s quality of life is the focus of our activities. Volunteers are a valued member of the team and play an important role in enhancing the team’s commitment to care. Together with residents, families, and staff, volunteers partner to practice a philosophy of care that:
- Promotes comfort, independence and a sense of belonging for our residents.
- Encourages socialization.
- Supports communication, leisure interests, varying living abilities and diverse spirituality.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Cottage and Worthington Pavilions.
We are very fortunate to have a strong volunteer program and a very high calibre of volunteers working with us. We take special care and time in the selection and placement of our volunteers. Please review the volunteer requirements and application process outlined below. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only candidates who qualify for available positions will be contacted for an interview.
Volunteer Opportunities May Include:
- Bingo Assistant
- Photographer/Special Event Assistant
- One to One Visitor
- Spiritual Care Volunteer
- Carpet Bowling Assistant
- Church Service Volunteer
- Screening and placement includes application, interview and references. Placement is based on your skills, abilities, interests and availability. Only those considered for placement will be contacted for an interview.
- Proficiency in English.
- A current Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Check
- Minimum commitment of 75 hours or 6 months (one 2 hour shift per week)
- Grade 10 for Junior Auxiliary Volunteer Program
- Two letters of reference
Janice Hansen, Coordinator
Cottage & Worthington Pavilions
33457 Cottage Lane
Abbotsford, BC V2S 0B3