Ridge Meadows Hospital
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Ridge Meadows Hospital. At this time, we are not accepting new applications and existing applications are being held until further notice. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. In the meantime, please check out the volunteer opportunities at our other care facilities.
Ridge Meadow Hospital Campus Opportunities
See the opportunities listing below for details on vacancies.
- Activity volunteer – Psychiatry (experience required)
- Acute Care Walking program
- Ambulatory Care volunteer
- Code K9 Pet Therapy volunteer
- Day Program for Older Adults volunteer
- Emergency volunteer (experience required)
- Health Information Resource Centre volunteer
- Intensive Care Unit Host (experience required)
- Medical Imaging host
- Residential Care Recreation volunteer
- TLC volunteer visitor
- VolunTEEN (student program)*
*The VolunTEEN Program is open to students in grades 10-12 who live and/or attend school in Maple Ridge and Pitt Meadows. The application intake occurs once a year in September in partnership with School District #42 and the local private schools. For more information, students can contact their school career centre.
Economy Cottage and Golden Ears Gift Shop
The Ridge Meadows Hospital Auxiliary operates the Economy Cottage (community thrift store) and Golden Ears Gift Shop (located at hospital). Description of roles is in the opportunities listing below.
If you are interested in one of these two positions, please download and complete the application below. Completed application can be faxed or scanned & emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not have any short term roles available at this time.
Other volunteer opportunities
If you are interested in volunteering with the following organizations, please contact directly:
- Ridge Meadows Hospice Society - 604-463-7722
- Maple Ridge Public Health - 604-476-7000
- A current Criminal Record Check
- Proof of Seasonal Flu Vaccination
- Proof of immunity to Measles
- Minimum Age: 19 years (excludes VolunTEEN Program)
- Minimum Commitment: 75 hours or 6 months
- Strong communication skills
Complete the online application in full. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Include a completed letter of reference as indicated in the application form. The letter of reference must be received to complete the application.
If your application is accepted, you will be asked to attend an interview followed by screening, orientation, training, and placement.
Before you get started on your application please note the following:
- It will take approximately 20 minutes to complete.
- As soon as the application is complete, you should receive an acknowledgment from the Volunteer Resources department.
- If you do not receive an acknowledgment go back into your account and ensure the application is complete.
For further information, please contact:
Ridge Meadows Hospital
11666 Laity Street
Maple Ridge, BC V2X 5A3