To get Home and Community Care services, you must meet the eligibility requirements outlined below.
Eligibility requirements for all our services
- Be a resident of British Columbia
- Be a Canadian citizen or have permanent resident status (Landed immigrant or on a Minister’s permit approved by the Ministry of Health Services)
- Require care
- After discharge from a hospital
- At home rather than hospital
- Due to terminal illness
Additional requirements for some of our services
You must meet additional requirements for some of our services such as home support, seniors day programs, assisted living and residential care, palliative care, including:
- Be 19 years of age or older
- Have lived in British Columbia for at least three months
- Be unable to function independently because of chronic health-related problems or
- Have been diagnosed with an end-stage illness
What if I don't meet these eligibility requirements?
We will refer you to other community resources as appropriate.
How can I access these services?
New clients: Contact our Home Health Service Line: 1-855-412-2121.
Current clients: Contact your Home Health office.
Available 7 days a week from 8:30am-4:30pm. Translation services are available. Read our Accessing Services page to learn more.